A PRINCIPALITY'S TALE - Excursion to Monaco Monte Carlo
- Trip to Monaco (40 km – about 1h30min) along the panoramic coastal road through Bordighera, Ventimiglia, Menton and Cap Martin. Before entering the city, we suggest a visit to the exotic gardens of Monte Carlo, with over six thousand plants as well as cactus varieties from all over the world and from which an incomparable view of the coast can be enjoyed.
- Once you have reached the sea port you may park and wander “The Rock,” the historical district, where you can visit the famous Oceanographic Museum and, from May to October, you can be witness to the traditional changing of the guard in front of the Palace of the Prince. Among the many shops and crafts you can dine in any of several delicious restaurants.
- The afternoon is not complete until you stop by the elegant Place du Casino and take a chance at luck in the casino game rooms, the Café de Paris and the American SunCasino.
- Before you leave, please visit the Japanese garden that is dedicated to Princess Grace’s memory.
- Return trip on the Autostrada. (40 km – about 45min.)
THE RIVIERA OF THE BELLE EPOQUE - Excursion to Nice and Cannes
- Trip along the Autostrada towards Cannes (80 km – about 1h).
- Stop along the Croisette, with a visit to the Cinema Palace and a walk along the beautiful promenade which face the elegant belle époque hotels.
- Take an interesting ferryboat trip to the Lerens Islands, a protected sea park which is a very worthy alternative to shopping in the boutiques of the historical district.
- Lunch break and trip to Nice along the coast passing through Juan les Pins e Cap D'Antibes (30 km – about 40min).
- While entering the city you will pass by the Russian church, the historical Negresco Hotel and the Promenade des Anglais.
- Visit Place Massena where you will walk through the typical streets of the historical district, where on Tuesdays and Saturdays there's the traditional flower market and on Monday’s is the flea market.
- Modern art lovers must visit the Contemporary Art Museum (right around the area of Place Massena), as well as a visit to the Matisse Museum, which is near the archaeological area of Cimiez.
- Return trip across the spectacular Grand Corniche with a quick stop at the medieval village of Eze, then back on the Autostrada (50 Km – about 1h)
RIVIERA OF GARDENS - Excursion into the most beautiful botanical gardens of Liguria
- Trip to Ventimiglia through the Autostrada and from there to La Mortola along the boundary between Italy and France (22 km – about 30min).
- A visit to the Hanbury Gardens, one of the most important botanical gardens in the world. Founded in 1867 by Sir Thomas Hanbury, the gardens were restored to their ancient beauty by the University of Genoa in 1983. At an overall extension of 18 hectares, 9 seem to be occupied by spontaneous species and 9 by exotic flora. Worthy of mention are the plants from the Australian forests, the Japanese garden and the cycads from the Far East.
- Visit the prehistorical caves of the Balzi Rossi and its museum, with a stop by the suggestive white pebble beach which opens itself through reclining rocks above the sea. It's one of Liguria's most emotional sightings.
- Return along the Aurelia to visit the Pallanca Garden of Bordighera, full of cacti plants from all over the world: a true one of a kind garden.
- Upon request it is possible to visit one of the many greenhouses where the famous San Remo flowers are cultivated and exported all over the world.
RIVIERA OF WINE - Excursions to discover the Ligurian wines
- Trip to the Nervia Valley along the coastal road that passes by Ospedaletti and Bordighera (20 km – about 30min). Stop in Dolceacqua, birth city of Andrea Doria, with a visit to the castle ruins, the historical district and the medieval bridge. Witness the projections of the Visionarium, in which the life of the valley during the four seasons is shown.
- You must visit the vineyards of Dolceacqua's D.O.C. Rossese wine for a sampling session in the wine cellar or have lunch in a typical restaurant.
- Head along towards the lovely village of Apricale, where among the classic stone streets you can shop for crafts and unique gifts.
- Return by travelling along the coast or through the spectacular scenery of the Sea Alps through Perinaldo, Baiardo and Coldirodi.
OLIVE OIL RIVIERA - Excursion to discover the Riviera of Flowers' extra-virgin olive oil
- Trip to Taggia along the Via Aurelia (15 km – about 20min).
- Visit the medieval historical district, the San Domenico convent and the rich picture gallery. You can also visit one of the many oil mills of the Argentina Valley, which from the typical Taggiasca olive they produce the famous Riviera extra-virgin olive oil. It’s also possible to participate in a sampling of typical products.
- Lunch break and trip to Imperia across the scenic Via Aurelia (20 km – about 25min).
- Visit of the Carli Company's Olive Tree Museum of Oneglia, one of a kind, with an avant-garde layout to follow the history of the most fundamental ingredient of the Mediterranean diet from the ancient times to modern times. You can shop in the nearby food shop, and also find beauty products created with olive oil.
- Return through the Autostrada (30 Km – about 40min).
CAVES AND MEDIEVAL VILLAGES ITINERARY - Excursions to Toirano, Finalborgo and Cervo: Historical Ligurian Villages
- Trip to Toirano through the Autostrada (70 Km – about 50min).
- Visit the beautiful Toirano caves, full of spectacular natural concretions and traces of prehistoric inhabitants. Proceed towards Finale Ligure (15 km – about 20min) where you can visit the ancient medieval village of Finalborgo, which offers many interesting shopping opportunities inside its walls.
- On the way back, stop by Cervo (40 km – about 30 min).
- Visit the ancient village which is the only village in the West that faces directly towards the sea and is dominated by the scenic and majestic church of Saint John the Baptist, one of the most important examples of Baroque architecture in Liguria. At the top of the hill there's the dominating Clavesana Castle, anchored upon solid rock, hosting the Western Liguria ethnographical Museum.
- Return from San Bartolomeo through the Autostrada (40 km – about 30min)
GENOA THE SUPERB - Excursion to the city of Genoa with the Aquarium and the Unesco Heritage
- Route along highway (140 Km – about 1h30min).
- Stop at the ancient seaport, entirely restored by Renzo Piano during the Columbus celebrations of 1992. Visit the Genoa Aquarium, the greatest in Europe, where the seven seas environments are reproduced and where you can even pet the fish!
- In the area of the ancient seaport you can visit the Galata Sea Museum and the magnificent Palace of Prince Andrea Doria.
- It is also interesting to visit the historical district of Genoa, where you must stop by and visit the luxuriant Palazzo Reale and Palazzo Ducale.
- Visit the Strada Nuova Museums, the so-called Palazzi dei Rolli, part of the World Unesco Heritage.
- Return along the Highway.